When your debt is more than your revenue.
I have always wished to acquire in life but things i know would satisfy me and at the same time not run me of my money, most people live there lives to impress others and as such deep their hands into debt beyond what they can carry,some Nigerians are so badly informed that you start to hear words like ” even Nigeria is in debt,then who am I?” they use this statement as a proof that their act is right but is it really right ?
Mind you to the professionals reading this am taking this case from an individual view.
Why will your debt be more than your revenue?
The major reason is due to our act of extravagance,”oh yes I want to prove a point,I want to show the world I have got this money” your ego pushes you to fall into debt which leads to alot of debts then you start running from pillar to post seeking succour,some at this stage start having high blood pressure and before you know it something else happens.
But How do I overcome this act of careless spending?
Some people always have this urge to buy whatever they see even if it is not useful,once they have the money they will buy,some will not even have the money but will go ahead to buy on credit. To stop this careless buying you can follow this procedures:
1. When you go out especially to a market,write down the things you want to buy and their expected amounts.
2. Do a rough calculation of the exact money you need and just add a little amount to be on the safer side.
3. When the urge to buy what is not on your list comes,bring out your list and recite what you want to buy,in that process you have toyed with your brain and as such made it lose focus on its earlier thought by the time you will raise your head your mind will lead you to the exact location to buy what you are suppose to buy.
4. And finally have a record,yes record of your daily spendings this will help you monitor what you have and what you don’t.I have written something about this creating your record in the past,check my previous updates.
As we all know Christmas is around the corner but the issue is ” will 2016 Christmas be the same as that of 2015? ” from the look of things I bring to you things that might happen this Christmas season.
1. The demand of food will further increase therefore causing a great increase in price, commodity foods like rice will be so exorbitant. Reason for this? as at now the price of food his hitting hard on the income and will even hit harder during festive period. so expect more of “Jollof beans”, “Jollof garri” and the likes.
2. A sharp increase in the price of clothings,it will be so sharp it can cut a finger and spill blood. as we all know Christmas is a period most parent showcase their wealth by buying clothes for their wards guess what there is going to be a difference this year,old clothes will be washed and old shoes polished.
3. High cost of transportation: as at now there have been rumours that there will be a hike in the price of petrol if this should come to reality then expect a increase in price of transportation which means most people are going to stay back in their homes to minimize expenses in few words “no home town travelling”
4. Increase in House rent: if you are the type that lives in rented apartment just be prepared for an increase in House rent especially those that pay yearly. Landlords will want to gain more money.
5. More Chicken will escape death: as funny as it might look like, 2016 will be a blessing to chickens as only a few among them will die while most will live to see 2017. This means expect a sharp increase.
6. use of knock-outs/bangers will minimized because there wouldn’t be wasteful spending.
7. More people will depend on MMM,Paradise and other ponzi schemes for this Christmas celebration.
8. Families will do joint cooking. you will hear “Mr Ade let us contribute money to buy one bag of rice then we share it.”
9. Any religious place of worship that says it will be giving out food on FOC basis(free of charge) will be full to the brim.
10. And most importantly Nigerians will shout Buhari’s name because that is the only thing we are good at,shout,shout and no action.
All the same I wish you a merry Christmas in advance.
Note: pls use 2016 to prepare for 2017..
for now this is the vision I can see..